Want to learn the skill

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
me1900

Want to learn the skill

Post by me1900 »

Good day to everyone I am darace or archiracer on youtube me1900 on modsquad.info

I am looking for some real practice help like a coach. Teaching myself doesn
t seem to be working. I have posted on youtube my issue in hardcore mode. I find it difficult to keep straight on the racepath and coming into corners I fight to keep it from drifting into the wall. I use a wheel. A Thrustmaster RGT FFB Pro clutch edition. 270 degrees lock to lock. Nascar Heat doesn't need a 900 degree wheel on ovals. Never seen the need for one even on the road courses. I base this on the virtual wheel in controller setup screen. It never turns very far at all.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ36GwxzKkg

Not looking to joion the league at this time. I do need help. Anyone would like to find time during the week or weekends? Someone that I can follow on the track and tell me what is wrong and what is to be done. thanks.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Want to learn the skill

Post by lepage71 »

It looks like you're having trouble turning in the corners. You may need a different setup since you appear to have an understeering chassis. Correct me if I'm wrong. There's not many good setup resources posted on the web for that mod, but the setups on our site can potentially serve as a starting point. Please keep in mind, however, that our setups are for different mods (NHRLC11, NBS, and CTS).

One good time to work on your driving skills is by joining our league's practice sessions an hour or so prior to one of our races. We're currently in our CUP series, which uses the NHRLC11 mod.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

In your video,when u show the xray view,the chassis with the front tires only,it appears that your camber on both tires is too high.
Check the setup in the garage and i'll bet your settings are 10.0 L and -10.0 R. I've found that the G3 mod does not handle too well with camber like that, especially if you have a sensitive steering wheel.try the G3 baseline setups that come with the mod install to begin practicing with .Also, the g3 tracks were made specifically for that mod,so u might have some difficulty initially if using that mod on non g3 tracks or on the original tracks that came with the game cd . :mrgreen
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

These might help you get started. here is my G2 and G3 setup folders everyone is welcome to use them but please do not upload them anywhere else unless I give you permission.
I hope these help anyone who wants to use them there are some really fast setups in there, probably the best ones being richmond, nhms, phoenix, daytona/tally, martinsville, the road course sets are ok but that comes down to the driver mainly. If anyone wants sets for different mods you can just ask
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lc2zi2s1itxb2 ... atSets.zip
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net