2013 NBS Starting Time

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Would you support moving the NBS Series starting time from 10:45 to 9:45 PM ET on Fridays?

Yes
80%
No
20%
Other (please comment)
No votes

Total votes: 10

lepage71
League Administrator

2013 NBS Starting Time

Post by lepage71 »

We are curious if most would support a move to an earlier time. Let us know what you think about potentially making this change.
DaveO
League Member

Re: 2013 NBS Starting Time

Post by DaveO »

Hey Lepage,

As you know SpeedSims has debuted a short track series that started last year on Fridays @ 10pm Eastern.. For 2013, the Short Track league has moved over to The Mod Squad, and will continue having Short Track Series on Friday nights at this time.. Also please keep in mind Raybee1970 and myself have been working on a long term Short Track mod, that will one day run on Friday nights at this time. It's not only a multi Short track mod, but will also consist of Tracks converted over from NR2003 that will go along with the mod. So if you can find it in your heart, to maybe work around this time, it would be very helpful from all of us guys who have been working real hard on this project for the last several months.

Thanks,

Dave
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I would be open to an earlier starting time, even if my work schedule forces me to miss a good number of races.

To DaveO's point, and I know this may ruffle some feathers, their are only so many time slots, especially on weekends, where leagues can have their race times. Not everyone can be happy, and if leagues have conflicting starting times, it doesn't make EITHER league the bad guy. Every league can't schedule their races around eachother. There simply isn't enough 'weekend' to do so.

Just my opinion.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

bover907 wrote:I would be open to an earlier starting time, even if my work schedule forces me to miss a good number of races.

To DaveO's point, and I know this may ruffle some feathers, their are only so many time slots, especially on weekends, where leagues can have their race times. Not everyone can be happy, and if leagues have conflicting starting times, it doesn't make EITHER league the bad guy. Every league can't schedule their races around each other. There simply isn't enough 'weekend' to do so.

Just my opinion.
True but hopefully schedules can be worked out to be beneficial to leagues running races on the same night 8) .
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:I would be open to an earlier starting time, even if my work schedule forces me to miss a good number of races.

To DaveO's point, and I know this may ruffle some feathers, their are only so many time slots, especially on weekends, where leagues can have their race times. Not everyone can be happy, and if leagues have conflicting starting times, it doesn't make EITHER league the bad guy. Every league can't schedule their races around eachother. There simply isn't enough 'weekend' to do so.

Just my opinion.
Well Bov, your right it will ruffle some feathers. :evil Most leagues who we've dealt with in the past about conflicting schedules, we have always been able to work together for the good of the community.. When it came to scheduling conflicts so it would not over lap another leagues times. Tell me what's wrong with running it on Saturday nights like you do cup?

But then again remember, if one leagues starts not respecting other leagues times, your opening up a can of worms for ALL leagues not to give a shit about what times other leagues start at. Don't matter if it's a week night or a weekend. Then everything just goes to shit. Admins in all leagues work there A$$ off to give there drivers a place to race.. If it's creating mods, tracks, for there members, reviewing replays, creating schedules. etc etc.

Duster and crew @ cyber leagues who admins several leagues has always been considerate about other leagues times, give it weekends or weekdays. :D Hat's off to you guys for probably being the most busiest guys with running leagues, but always considerate of other leagues times and etc. ;)

Heck a while ago we wanted to do Thursday nights, I had approached Jess Rathbun at HMS about that months ago, but he had told me he raced on those evenings, so Blaxman, Raybee and myself did the right thing, and decided on Friday nights. We thought common courtesy was the way to go with other admins from other leagues..

So, Bover, what your telling me is, all days and times are up for grabs for all leagues? :evil Way to go buddy. And yes, you are correct you did ruffle some feathers. To bad my own teammate from NHRL Racing, couldn't have responded or even sent me a pm to discuss this.

Well back to modding, makes me wanna work even harder at creating stuff for the entire heat community! :mrgreen
Kinda like racing. you wanna win, PRACTICE MORE!! :mrgreen :bike :bike :aliencheers
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

True but hopefully schedules can be worked out to be beneficial to leagues running races on the same night 8) .
Wes, don't worry about it, they've said there peace and so did I. ;) I'm done with this thread. :D

btw, we need to get your mod fired up and running buddy. :mrgreen See you soon. ;)
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Listen, I've been non-existent for the better part of the year, so please don't think my personal opinion represents that of the NHRL. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to Sundays like we've done in the past with that series. A lot of people liked when we raced both series on Saturdays too, but I'm sure someone will take offense to something starting at 9:00 on Saturdays.

Look, Dave. I have tremendous respect for you, but your first response really left lepage with no acceptable response in your eyes, but "You're right, Dave, we'll scrap the idea". Maybe he was dwelling on it. Maybe he was waiting for other responses before he replied to the thread. Who knows.

Look at Spike's response. There's a response that says the same thing, but invites the working together you refer to, but without being confrontational. Perhaps we could both learn from him.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:Listen, I've been non-existent for the better part of the year, so please don't think my personal opinion represents that of the NHRL. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be open to Sundays like we've done in the past with that series. A lot of people liked when we raced both series on Saturdays too, but I'm sure someone will take offense to something starting at 9:00 on Saturdays.

Look, Dave. I have tremendous respect for you, but your first response really left lepage with no acceptable response in your eyes, but "You're right, Dave, we'll scrap the idea". Maybe he was dwelling on it. Maybe he was waiting for other responses before he replied to the thread. Who knows.

Look at Spike's response. There's a response that says the same thing, but invites the working together you refer to, but without being confrontational. Perhaps we could both learn from him.

Bover,

I have tremendous respect for you also bro. I've know you for what a better part of 10 years? ;) So don't ever doubt that. ;) But there's something you should remember Bover. Your also an admin here at NHRL, so your thoughts can be interperted as being how the league stands on things. Yea I know you've been gone a long time. So I doubt you even know half of what's been going on in the community for the past year. ;)

The rest of this is now moot..

Take care Bov, see you around the community. :mrgreen
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:
Look, Dave. I have tremendous respect for you, but your first response really left lepage with no acceptable response in your eyes, but "You're right, Dave, we'll scrap the idea". Maybe he was dwelling on it. Maybe he was waiting for other responses before he replied to the thread. Who knows..
No, Bover it opened the door for total communication. But remember that post is from over a week ago..
Bov,

My first post was NOT confrontational. Your wrong. Actually it was a nice one.. It opened the door for disscusions that could of taken place in private. But, please also remember, you should let that one person speak for himself instead of both of us guessing eh?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Everyone who posted in this thread has or currently is an admin in a heat league. Other forum admins would have immediatley suggested this is not the place for this. I don't mind it at all. Hell, I love reading this stuff. By all means keep it up.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Oh goody! An argument! :twisted It wouldn't be complete without a few words from the attending audience to fuel the fire. SO.......
circargue.jpg
gramargue.jpg
:meanlaughter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Hate to disappoint you guys. But this isn't your typical internet forum argument. Just Dave and I sparring, if you will. Dave and I both have a good friendship and a good deal of respect for each-other. Therefore don't expect us to go insulting each-others mothers anytime soon. ;)

I suggest anyone looking for good internet tough-guy stuff, just show up at the Philadelphia Eagles Message boards. Plenty of 'your mom' type. stuff over there!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Just my opinion.
Actually. I manage to schedule all my LFS endurance events in conjunction with another league that uses the same day and time for a lot of events. We just make it work by either skipping a week or he does a race on my qualifying day. Theres plenty of ways to share the same day if you just work together, its a bit harder in heat of course... Since there is so many more leagues... (Might be a hint of sarcasm there)
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net