Anti-SOPA Petition by Google

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
bmxtwins
League Member

Anti-SOPA Petition by Google

Post by bmxtwins »

bover907
League Administrator

Re: Anti-SOPA Petition by Google

Post by bover907 »

I hope everyone is reading what those bills are, before voting "no" and signing a petition. I haven't read it yet, but I will before asking congress to kill it. If not, than you're just as bad as congressmen who've voted for or against legislation without reading it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

The PIPA act isnt as severe, basically wants to lightly sensor the USA and more or less be more protective, but it does have some implications.

I think they are disagreeing with it to ultimately disagree with SOPA, which is so severe that you could be arrested for having a pepsi logo on your shirt in a facebook picture (from what I have heard)
ucrdoh
Forum Member

Post by ucrdoh »

what this is, is intention versus use. A law can be written one way, but used another, hence the issue.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

anonymous just took down FBI.gov ohh boy
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

Found this interesting tidbit on another forum I frequent
.MegaUpload.com -Shut down
.FileServe.com - Shutdown soon,dont sell premium to lots of countries by now.
.FileJungle.com - Deleting archives.Blocked in USA.
.UploadStation.com - Blocked in USA
.FileSonic.com - Services closed
.VideoBB.com - Video services closed.
.Uploaded.to - Blocked in USA.Owners run away.FBI after them.
.PostFile.org - Deleting archives.Only .exe .pfd and .txt will remain.
.VideoZer.com - Shutdown soon.Blocked in USA and USA "friends".
.4shared.com - Deleting copyrigthed material.Under FBI investigation.
.MediaFire.com - Called to court in 90 days to make a statement.Need to "open doors" to FBI.
.Torrente.org - Shut down.Under investigaton.
.Kino.to - Closed.Owners arrested in Europe.
.Duckload.com - Closed by owner who is arrested.
This keeps up there won't be anywhere to host files. They could take this one step further if game developers want to annihilate the hackers who make it possible to add mods to games such as rfactor, GTR/GTL, NFS series, GTA series, Duke Nukem, Call of Duty etc... That would make sites such as the mod squad, nfscars.net, nogrip, various GTA mod sites etc... illegal.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

I believe the developers of heat supported modding. so it wouldnt be ;)
hope mediafire does not go down...
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The problem is not the hosting of your own personal use files, or ones you want to share, it's the piracy and hosting things like $1000 software suites, whole dvd downloads, etc that they're after. We all know what goes on, and I'd dare to say, 'he who's without sin, cast he first stone'. I know I can't throw any. It's no question that a law to prevent that type of stuff is needed, the problem is keeping it from being too far-reaching in scope, so that it doesn't trample peoples right to privacy, and liberty.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

bover907 wrote:The problem is not the hosting of your own personal use files, or ones you want to share, it's the piracy and hosting things like $1000 software suites, whole dvd downloads, etc that they're after. We all know what goes on, and I'd dare to say, 'he who's without sin, cast he first stone'. I know I can't throw any. It's no question that a law to prevent that type of stuff is needed, the problem is keeping it from being too far-reaching in scope, so that it doesn't trample peoples right to privacy, and liberty.
Bover is correct, it's the mega $$ software suites, movie pirating issues, that is the biggest problem. For personal use that I find great for sharing pictures with family that lives overseas or across the country is "Drop Box" Works great!! But is used for strictly for personal files.

The Nascar Heat game is fully supported by the original game maker for it to be modded, plus the game is legally free to be distributed using Heat Essentials!! So no worries there!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!