Server Passwords

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Hurricane
Forum Member

Server Passwords

Post by Hurricane »

This isn't the right forum topic for this, but I had my post up for a month and had no answer, so I'm posting here.
I'm really looking forward to racing here, but I don't know the password for Ventrilo, or your race server. If I could get my account all set up so I could view the other topics and stuff it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Hurricane
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Server Passwords

Post by lepage71 »

You need approval to access our passwords section. After you joined our forum, we started investigating you and your friends' behavior on other racing boards. Many of our league members, including myself, are regular visitors of these websites.

At this time, your approval must be placed on hold until we better understand the details of what happened and why.
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Alright, no worries. Yeah that ModSquad thing is a bunch of crap. My friend was cyber-attacked, and so I asked them if that was the case and they went crazy on me. So if you don't approve me because of that I definitely understand.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Hurricane wrote:Alright, no worries. Yeah that ModSquad thing is a bunch of crap. My friend was cyber-attacked, and so I asked them if that was the case and they went crazy on me. So if you don't approve me because of that I definitely understand.
Your "Friend" lied to you or did not give you all the information regarding the situation he created.
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Ok, I just want to race. I'm really not a bad person, I was just sticking up for a friend. I've been practicing the CTS mod..pretty fun stuff.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Hurricane wrote:Ok, I just want to race. I'm really not a bad person, I was just sticking up for a friend. I've been practicing the CTS mod..pretty fun stuff.
Not your fault, you cant be responsible for other actions. According to lepage's post it seems like your not out completely. It may be a good idea to get a dialogue going to the administration here, maybe get involved in some other leagues, be open to others opinions.

Good Luck!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Thanks so much Duster, you're the only one who hasn't blown up on me in the HEAT community lol. I hopped in the Legends server the night of that Bristol race and I watched the last 70 laps. I don't know if you saw me there but I talked to you guys a little after the race. I really enjoy the Legends cars. I've looked around at the other leagues, and I can't really participate in them because they use stuff from TheModSquad that I can't download because of being banned. I tried out the GroupC cars with Speedsims but I'm not the road racer yet lol.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Hurricane wrote:Thanks so much Duster, you're the only one who hasn't blown up on me in the HEAT community lol. I hopped in the Legends server the night of that Bristol race and I watched the last 70 laps. I don't know if you saw me there but I talked to you guys a little after the race. I really enjoy the Legends cars. I've looked around at the other leagues, and I can't really participate in them because they use stuff from TheModSquad that I can't download because of being banned. I tried out the GroupC cars with Speedsims but I'm not the road racer yet lol.
if you just keep your head clear from him you should be fine. But dont take the mod squad getting mad at you about that lightly. That situation was touchy and you should be able to forgive them for reacting in a protective way.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Hurricane wrote:Thanks so much Duster, you're the only one who hasn't blown up on me in the HEAT community lol. I hopped in the Legends server the night of that Bristol race and I watched the last 70 laps. I don't know if you saw me there but I talked to you guys a little after the race. I really enjoy the Legends cars. I've looked around at the other leagues, and I can't really participate in them because they use stuff from TheModSquad that I can't download because of being banned. I tried out the GroupC cars with Speedsims but I'm not the road racer yet lol.
The reason others in the community probably blew up at you was because of who you associate with. Many people saw what went down at The Mod Squad, saw exactly why your friends were banned with good reasons, and you made the mistake of going there trying to justify a so-called cyber-attack against your friend, TonyStewartFan... when he was in the wrong and never owned up to being wrong. You don't go stealing someone's hard work, post it at a website and claim it as your own. You guys have only been around a little over a year or two, and some of us have been around since the beginning and that is just unacceptable behavior.

Couple that with the fact that your "friend" went and started posting malicious videos about him being banned without a reason from TMS, posting that TMS had viruses in their downloads, which isn't true... and other lies and hurtful comments about a website that has been around since you guys were in diapers... and you decided to come in and defend those jerk friends of yours? And you wonder why people blew up at you because of it?

It is an old saying that you "better be careful who your friends are".

For the other friend, Kevo... he and TSF were sharing an account... so he was banned by association and for doing something against TMS as well, by circumventing a ban on his buddy, by letting him use his own account. Then they both started attacking Blaxman's Facebook pages and just being downright asses because they did something bad, got caught at it, and acted like punks because of it.

People in this community have made it live and thrive by being a close knit community.... much like a family. You do something against a family member, and it affects everyone. You do something against a website or other long-time member of the community, and it affects everyone.

To tell The Mod Squad they have no business being in the sim community was a slap in the face to those who have worked hard to keep this "family" going for as long as they have, and to help keep this game living when others have died.

Choose your friends wisely, or it will come back to bite you later on. I think you've found that out the hard way. ;)
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Oh yeah, I definitely understand. Some of the things I said were really retarded. And I've learned. I hope you guys don't see me as a total douchebag.

Hurricane
Last edited by Hurricane on Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

In Reef we trust.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Hurricane wrote:Oh yeah, I definitely understand. Some of the things I said were really retarded. And I've learned. I hope you guys don't see me as a total douchebag.

Hurricane
You didn't learn very much then, because I saw where here recently you trashed a new mod made for NR2003... and got banned from Sim Racing Designs for that too. You do realize that there is only a grand total of 3 people left in NR2003 that can put mods into that game, right?

There are more than that as admins alone at The Mod Squad for Heat mods.

And the modder who made that mod you trashed is also a member at The Mod Squad, as is the owner of Sim Racing Designs... as there is lots of friends between the various NR2003 sites and The Mod Squad that know each other and have worked with each other on things in the past and possibly the future. So there are always eyes watching and seeing what goes on in both sim communities. And that modder is tired of being trashed for doing work only he and only 2 others can even do. Do you think he cares about continuing to work on things for a community that doesn't even appreciate the effort...when it was the only one of its kind even out there for that game?

Trust me... I know him. I know both him and the owner of Sim Racing Design. They get tired of childish acts. They get tired of being trashed. They get tired of doing things for a community that doesn't appreciate it. So when they see someone who goes on other sites and completely rips a mod apart... just because they don't like the ones who made it.... everyone in that community loses, because they can just pack up and leave. They don't have to do it. They do it because they enjoy doing it, and when they don't enjoy it anymore... well, that makes it one less person to trash, one less to make stuff to keep it going.

Always think before you post something on a forum, no matter where it is... as there is no telling just who might be watching. ;)
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Hurricane wrote: I tried out the GroupC cars with Speedsims but I'm not the road racer yet lol.
First time I'm happy to hear that someone isn't a road racer. 8) You must of raced offline, because I've never seen you on our SpeedSims server, and at the present time you wouldn't be allowed to do so, until further notice.

Like Bubba said, People in this community have made it live and thrive by being a close knit community.... much like a family. You do something against a family member, and it affects everyone. You do something against a website or other long-time member of the community, and it affects everyone.

Also folks from different heat sites, also watch out for there friends who maintain other heat web sites. 8) Like Bubba said it's like a family. :happy

Dave
SpeedSims.net
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Thanks for helpin me through this guys..I have done some really dumb stuff in the sim community that has affected a lot of people, and I hope you all just move on with it and I will too. I've been trying to hold back what I've had to say for the past few weeks and i'm doing quite well. I'm trying to "clean myself up".
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Hurricane wrote:Oh yeah, I definitely understand. Some of the things I said were really retarded. And I've learned. I hope you guys don't see me as a total douchebag.

Hurricane
Your assosciates went as far as threatening Blaxman and The Mod Squad with a law suit for damages to public reputation attained through internet. I was one of TSF's assosciates, he raced on my site a couple times and as soon as we saw what he was doing we distanced ourselves from him and sided with The Mod Squad in defense of the heat community. As long as you aren't here to bring down the community then I do not see why you cannot be given a chance (unless you are a cover id for TSF). Heat's community is well established and friendly, sure there are exceptions but almost everyone is willing to hear your side of things.

I speak from experience, explain what happened to you to lepage and how you got caught up in things. Only benefits can come from being completely honest.
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

NO NO NO i'm not undercover lol. TonyStewartFan is a totally different guy. That's not me. Blaxman is the one who makes the COT Platinum G2 mods over at ModSquad right? I've really been wanting to download that but I can't know that im banned....shucks. :(

And btw, I can use the Private Message thingy to message lepage right? I'm really wanting to talk to him about this whole situation. Boy I should of just kept my mouth shut...all dis is crap. It's a real sensitive topic for both me and TSF. We talk about it a lot. And he feels the same way about this, he just wants to move on and forget about it.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Hurricane wrote:NO NO NO i'm not undercover lol. TonyStewartFan is a totally different guy. That's not me. Blaxman is the one who makes the COT Platinum G2 mods over at ModSquad right? I've really been wanting to download that but I can't know that im banned....shucks. :(

And btw, I can use the Private Message thingy to message lepage right? I'm really wanting to talk to him about this whole situation. Boy I should of just kept my mouth shut...all dis is crap. It's a real sensitive topic for both me and TSF. We talk about it a lot. And he feels the same way about this, he just wants to move on and forget about it.
you would need to contact an administrator at the mod squad regarding that. But keep it in PMs to lepage please. No need to bring it up here
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Hurricane
Forum Member

Post by Hurricane »

Ok, no problem.