Little problem with the current truck mod

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
straightj23
Forum Member

Little problem with the current truck mod

Post by straightj23 »

Hey everyone! First, to introduce myself. I just graduated from college with my degree in music education. I've loved NASCAR my whole life, and have played just about every racing game that has been made. Now that I'm done with school, I have some time to get back into racing online. I have a lot of racing simulation experience. I have raced online many a time, but never as part of a racing league so this is a new experience for me. Looking forward to racing with everyone!

Now, I installed the NASCAR Heat essentials and the truck mod from this league's page. The problem is when I try racing at daytona and talladega, the truck hits a maximum speed and blows the engine too easily. Is there a way to correct this that I'm unaware of?
"You win some, lose some, and wreck some." -Dale Earnhardt
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Little problem with the current truck mod

Post by Rookiesrock »

I'm hoping your using an automatic transmission. Auto trans at plate tracks more often than not don't shift to the fianl gear. Either raise your 3rd gear number in your setup a few clicks until it shifts or go to a manual tranny. Hopefully thats it.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Little problem with the current truck mod

Post by lepage71 »

Welcome! Although less likely, your problem could also be the setup itself. Make sure you have a half-decent setup in your truck. We have a large collection which can be found here.