mod lancher????

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
outlaw
Forum Member

mod lancher????

Post by outlaw »

I had a question on the mod launcher program, when I download the mod launcher from nascar heat I can't get it to open correctly, but I had a mod launcher that has a checkered flag as a ICON and I can't find it anymore it worked great... does any body know where the download is?????
DusterLag
League Member

Re: mod lancher????

Post by DusterLag »

The ML you are speaking of is the first version which is no longer available for download anywhere. (It also does not work with 64-bit OS's)
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
outlaw
Forum Member

Post by outlaw »

is was working for me, I have windows 7 32 bit system..... so you go under multiplayer in the ICH game and type the IP address ffsracing.MaxFrag.net or do you type 1.Heatfinder.net and whats the password?? can't seem to get the mod launcher to work, it keeps coming up error msg and something about the run/data folder????
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

ffsracing.maxfrag.net is the server for Ventrilo

1.heatfinder.net is the server for the game. NO password is needed.
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

outlaw wrote:can't seem to get the mod launcher to work, it keeps coming up error msg and something about the run/data folder????
That is because if you would read the instructions, it tells you to install it, then browse for your Run folder when it asks you to... then double-click that folder to make it "take" the path it wants for it to run correctly.

The Run folder is in this path on Windows 7:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\Run

You may need to run Mod Launcher 2 as an admin, just like the Heat .exe and all older programs. Right-click on the NHml2.exe and find where it says "Run As" and it should be there somewhere, although that is how it is on XP, not sure about Win7.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Bubba wrote:
outlaw wrote:can't seem to get the mod launcher to work, it keeps coming up error msg and something about the run/data folder????
That is because if you would read the instructions, it tells you to install it, then browse for your Run folder when it asks you to... then double-click that folder to make it "take" the path it wants for it to run correctly.

The Run folder is in this path on Windows 7:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\Run

You may need to run Mod Launcher 2 as an admin, just like the Heat .exe and all older programs. Right-click on the NHml2.exe and find where it says "Run As" and it should be there somewhere, although that is how it is on XP, not sure about Win7.
One thing to fix, he says he is running 32-bit Windows 7 which means the correct location would be...

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\Run

As the x86 folder only exists on a 64-bit OS.

I have provided step-by-step proedures for you on several occasions but you are only approaching one issue at a time instead of FIXING the cause of all your issues as I have directed you several times.

Also this should be in the Tech Support forum not the Painting Studio.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Ahh... OK. I'm not on Win7, so I really have no clue how its setup with folders and such.

I just know it seems to be a pain in the ass with all the older games. :laughing

And yeah, he seems to go from one problem to another to another. Heat Essentials 2 should be more help than anything.... if ran properly and if instructions can be followed. ;)
outlaw
Forum Member

Post by outlaw »

Hopefully got it up and running the way its suppose to run.... working on the speaking program Vent....Thanks for all the help.....