Marty CUP

Schedule testing and tweaking sessions for upcoming league races.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Marty CUP

Post by Rookiesrock »

I'm practicing offline if someone wants to run some, please get on vent or HF or aim or the server.
tjwild
League Member

Re: Marty CUP

Post by tjwild »

are u all still running the nhrl 20011 sprint car im trying to come back to race and trying to get my times at work changes so i can come back i miss racing aand miss racing with all u guys
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Our cup and nbs seasons finished in late may. We will be starting a short summer series with the WRS mod soon, and Then trucks in the fall, before racing the cup and nbs seasons again starting next winter.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

bover907 wrote:Our cup and nbs seasons finished in late may. We will be starting a short summer series with the WRS mod soon, and Then trucks in the fall, before racing the cup and nbs seasons again starting next winter.
Wow, that's a long break I wasn't expecting that.

I hate to say it but that is a huge change from the successful version of the NHRL that has worked from a long time and it worries me.

(And I don't like it, there is now no league that races similar to the real NASCAR seasons for a full year which is why I love this league and can't stay away!)

:sad :(
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

DusterLag wrote:Wow, that's a long break I wasn't expecting that.

I hate to say it but that is a huge change from the successful version of the NHRL that has worked from a long time and it worries me.

(And I don't like it, there is now no league that races similar to the real NASCAR seasons for a full year which is why I love this league and can't stay away!)

:sad :(
Duster, perhaps you misunderstood. There is going to be NASCAR type racing all year long at the NHRL. Just different shorter seasons. I don't know what you'd call successful, but the past couple years, we always have a decent number of people start the season out, only to be searching for field fillers by mid to late summer. Not having 10 starters in a race isn't what I'd call "Successful". Yes, that has happened a few times over the last two years. What we've tried to do is shorten the season, have off weeks during vacation season, and Leave most Saturdays that'd conflict with real world Cup races open.

Some of this has worked, and some hasn't. So were evolving, and trying to keep things fresh. We do have a lot of stuff going on. Over the 2nd half of the summer, We'll be racing the WRS mod. (Next summer, that'll be replaced with a new "NHRL Modified Tour" mod. There are currently no good modifieds for heat out there, so I'm going to make some. They'll be like the Cars Retro races in real life, and were featured on the show Madhouse. Since that is the second project on my list, we need something to race this summer, and a lot of the community agrees that WRS is a fun Stock Car mod.

There are brand new trucks in the works, and we'll be racing them starting in September, when the WRS series is over. Right after that truck season is over, We'll be off for the Holiday Season, which is only about a month if you think about it, Then it's right back into Cup and NBS after the new year.

So, basically in 2011 we'll be racing 9 or more months out of the year, just not consecutively. It's our hope that a new CWTS mod and Modifieds will bring some more interest in our league, attract more quality membership, and then retain that membership by keeping things fresh.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

k thank you very mutch ill get the WRS and start runing some laps off line to get used to racn again been way for while ran some of the cup 2011 to day befor i went to work and i got to say im way6 off my game lol