help with painting

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
scracing41
Provisional Member

help with painting

Post by scracing41 »

Where are y'all coming up with the .tex files? Where are they stored and how do I mod them? All I see is a TGA file.
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated....

I have painted up cars in DTR2 before.

I've seen in the "paint" folder that there is a "paint.tga" file which is the paint scheme I created using the games built in paint editor

I saved that TGA to my desktop, converted to JPEG, opened with MS Paint, did some mods just to see the effect, and overwrote as TGA.
put back in to the paint folder.

Thanks
DaveO
League Member

Re: help with painting

Post by DaveO »

scracing41 wrote:Where are y'all coming up with the .tex files? Where are they stored and how do I mod them? All I see is a TGA file.
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated....

I have painted up cars in DTR2 before.

I've seen in the "paint" folder that there is a "paint.tga" file which is the paint scheme I created using the games built in paint editor

I saved that TGA to my desktop, converted to JPEG, opened with MS Paint, did some mods just to see the effect, and overwrote as TGA.
put back in to the paint folder.

Thanks
Go over to the modsquad @ http://www.themodsquad.uni.cc they will help you out with ANY kind of question you have with heat! 8) I

Good luck!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
scracing41
Provisional Member

Post by scracing41 »

I looked all of it up, you guys have way too much time on your hands if you have time to mess with all that.

Where's the smart guy I can feed my simple little game stored TGA, that's painted up like my dirt car, and have him convert it for me?

I just want some simple/clean/competitive online racing fellas, ain't into all that fancy smancy cars and stuff. I ain't trying to sponsify my ride if it takes all that.

Do i have to have a custom truck/car to just race??
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

pm it to me and ill convert it
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I need a nbs car painted for me.lol, :mrgreen ..I hope your new stuff is running and working great for ya reef,and I hope you got locked on to that windows 7 faster than I did.. :roll
Ramrock47
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

scracing41 wrote:I looked all of it up, you guys have way too much time on your hands if you have time to mess with all that.

Where's the smart guy I can feed my simple little game stored TGA, that's painted up like my dirt car, and have him convert it for me?

I just want some simple/clean/competitive online racing fellas, ain't into all that fancy smancy cars and stuff. I ain't trying to sponsify my ride if it takes all that.

Do i have to have a custom truck/car to just race??
it takes less than 5 seconds to convert and about 30 seconds for me to put it ingame...
no you dont have to have a custom to race.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

you need winrestoolswizard from themodsquad.uni.cc and when you convert it make sure its an UNCOMPRESSED 1024x1024 TGA with a name of car###.tga .... only 3 digits max. Then add the car###.tex to yer mod and edit drivers.txt so that entry is:
Driver Name blaaaa or w/e
then driver number line should be the ### of car.tex
scracing41
Provisional Member

Post by scracing41 »

Roger that BMX,

thanks for the info... how I change the in-game TGA to Uncompressed version. Irfanview doesn't offer that option. Guess I'll have to download the paint studio as well

The actual detailing portion of painting the car is what I was looking at taking too much time..all the layering and stuff that Mod Squad was showing.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The best answer if you just want to race, is to just use an in-game car that carries an unclaimed number. If you look at the roster pages for each series, you can see what everyone's number is.

Some of our best drivers drive in-game cars, and never submit a custom paint.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

scracing41 wrote:Roger that BMX,

thanks for the info... how I change the in-game TGA to Uncompressed version. Irfanview doesn't offer that option. Guess I'll have to download the paint studio as well

The actual detailing portion of painting the car is what I was looking at taking too much time..all the layering and stuff that Mod Squad was showing.
Get paintshoppro7 trial from brothersoft, its unlimited days and there is no access restrictions except that it says "Trial" lol. Itll do what you need and is perfect.
scracing41
Provisional Member

Post by scracing41 »

thanks for the help familiarizing with real open source software programs..like GIMP....not...I'm a GNU fan for the meak that were involved in computing andi internet type software before the likes of your kind exited..i.e.prodigy...etc.

thanks for ur intelligent referrals to free help, but no thanks....i'd prefer to work a lil harder for it and give credit where its due....

you referred me to copyright infingement like using black market versions of photoshop or psp7.

not the most smiled upon for a gov't employ...or anyone for that matter.....

gl w/ ur own league but no thanks for mine...we like legit, non cheatin types..
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

scracing41 wrote:thanks for the help familiarizing with real open source software programs..like GIMP....not...I'm a GNU fan for the meak that were involved in computing andi internet type software before the likes of your kind exited..i.e.prodigy...etc.
Now this one really made me laugh. In this thread you talk about people "having too much time on their hands" yet you're the one responding to posts that were trying to help you over a year ago.
thanks for ur intelligent referrals to free help, but no thanks....i'd prefer to work a lil harder for it and give credit where its due....
You asked for help and people redirected you to two websites that have guides and have multiple users that are more experienced not necessarily with Nascar Heat, but more experienced in explaining subjects like painting, setups, modding, etc. You were obviously too good for that help.
you referred me to copyright infingement like using black market versions of photoshop or psp7.
not the most smiled upon for a gov't employ...or anyone for that matter.....
Not at all. The website BMX is referring to (Brothersoft.com) is a legit, legal website that only offers legal material. Also the administrators on this forum would not let anyone post up illegal material as it would be deleted immediately.
gl w/ ur own league but no thanks for mine...we like legit, non cheatin types..
Nobody cheats here. Don't know what made you perceive that.
In Reef we trust.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

scracing41 wrote:gl w/ ur own league but no thanks for mine...we like legit, non cheatin types..
Hey pretty neat story, your own league has members who are looking for physics hacks.

Hypocrit.

so before you ban people from your league for "cheating", look around before you jump to conclusions. It isn't my fault yall are rubbish at martinsville.

Now there are the facts, unlike your factless post.

I don't mean to stir the pot but dont go around dirtying my name.

also @ easton's reply. Brothersoft has fixed their download for the 60 day trial. So it was just a download glitch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Many new comers to our community always assumes that a faster car "must" be cheating!

It can never be that they just suck!

In my opinion those discussing cheating and attempting to do so (and there have been many that have tried privately) loose all respect.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

You should try practicing as hard and with as much effort as you have been looking for ways to cheat.

Based on BMX's quote from junior88, I thought scracing41 and junior88 were the same person. I don't think they are. Be careful BMX.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I appreciate the backup when due.

You guys know I don't cheat because obviously I haven't won a race here yet.

They aren't the same person, but they are both good friends.

I dont see any need to keep flaming him, the evidence has already been posted.

Thanks,
Ray
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

this gave me a good laugh. Good luck getting people to help you and race in your league with that attitude. Toodala