Get Going Procedure ??

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
Tuffy
Provisional Member

Get Going Procedure ??

Post by Tuffy »

Hello. I'm sure that it is THE basic question (will search the forums ongoingly), but please give me the short version of how to proceed now that I am "activated". I have followed the technical procedures through having the correct version. I need to work on the GAME in terms of practice and ability (been away from it for a while), but what should I do in the context of NHRL? How do I get from nowhere to participating in practices to get a feel for where I am and how far I am from race participation? Do I download the season software? Where do I find the practices? The server codes? When I race, what control will I have (race view options; setup downloads, etc)? Must I create a unique car with the paint program that has MY number? LOL. Surely there is a detail process someplace that I have not yet found. I can easily understand the parts that I have seen once I am up and in: Show up for practices, testing, racing rules, etc, but it seems that I am missing some steps and understandings in getting to that point. All help is appreciated.

My bottom-line questions are about:
1. S/W required to be downloaded?
2. Optional sw/help with car graphics and setups?
3. Practices...Where/when/how?
4. Things that I don't know enough to ask about?

Thank you. It will be a pleasure to take part to any degree and I look forward to the possibilities.
Tuffy
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Get Going Procedure ??

Post by lepage71 »

Hey Tuffy.

Basically, once we've approved your account, you can immediately start coming to pre-race practices. We recommend coming to practice at least an hour before start of each race. In order to compete in the race, you'll need to approved by the administrators during the practices. For a period of time, we'll approve you on a week to week basis. Eventually, once you've demonstrated that you'll be a capable league member, we'll give you full-time approval to race and you won't need the race-by-race approval.

The server password can be found in the Passwords Forum.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Look in resources tab on home page. It will have all you need to get started (ie patches, mods, good starting setups, tracks...) Our core mods are cup11, nbs, and cts. Painting is a little more in depth. Get started, get to know the guys and who may be able to help with paints, and see our links tab for supplementary and more in depth information.
Tuffy
Provisional Member

Post by Tuffy »

Thank you for the quick reply; I expect to have lots of detailed questions, but feel no need for rushed replies....just whenever any of you have the time.

Of what you said, the most obvious question is ""What 'Password Forum'"? I don't see such a thing? AM I approved? Is being activated for the forum a different thing from being approved for practicing/testing/etc?

I did download the cup mod. Is there a written procedure for what to do with it that I am missing? Seems like I saw a "move it to..." kind of thing someplace, but.... Similarly, I think I'm patched up-to-date (1.80?) and I did download lepage's setups for Daytona. Think that same "what to do with it" procedure is needed. I just put those in a holder folder for now. Smile....feel a search of the "Technical" forum in my immediate future.

I'll figure out the downloads and files procedures, but would like some clarification on the mystery server and/or password forum.

Thanks again for the reply. Don't let me be a pain; just educate when it's a good time, all.

Oh yeah...Once I have the files all straight and the server ID/password.....Does the NHRL (eg. Cup) mod effectively make all of my game settings appropriate? I'm thinking that I'm not sure what it sets and what I also have to, or am allowed to. Know it seems strange to those with lots of experience, but the VIEW that I use to race feels like a big deal at my current level. Once upon a time, I was doing pretty well, but using the external view. Can I do that here or will the mod "force" the in-car (figure it will). I would ask about manual/automatic, but that WOULD show my current level as I try to get back into the game.

That makes me feel like a little background is due. 2-3 years ago, my adult son and I used to race a good bit over our local network and we were making good progress then. I am not even back there, but can run a track alone decently with the right setup....Wish I had those that we put together back then, or at least the knowledge of how to do it that I had.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

""What 'Password Forum'"?
Yes there is a server PW area in the forum.
Is being activated for the forum a different thing from being approved for practicing/testing/etc?
Being "activated" in the forum allows you to few important needed info in private areas of the forum. You must be logged in to read these areas which include server ip and PW. While being "approved" allows you to race.
I did download the cup mod. Is there a written procedure for what to do with it that I am missing? Seems like I saw a "move it to..." kind of thing someplace, but
The nhrlc11 mod will need to be installed into the hasbro file. For example C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat
and I did download lepage's setups for Daytona. Think that same "what to do with it" procedure is needed. I just put those in a holder folder for now
You must go to that track at least once for a setup folder to be written. Or you can write your own but be exact. Then you can put the setups into the folder for that mod and track. Cut and paste from your hold folder lol. For instance a daytona setup would go here. C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\nhrlc11\Setups\Daytona
Once upon a time, I was doing pretty well, but using the external view. Can I do that here or will the mod "force" the in-car (figure it will).
There is no forced view in NHRL. Whatever works best for you.

Manual and auto transmission are again up to the user's preference.