CTS Bristol

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Ramrock47
League Member

Re: CTS Bristol

Post by Ramrock47 »

I know that a lot of yaers ago I ran here just fine,..didnt have any problems,..everything was nice and smooth and I ran decent during a league race,..but now I cant seem to get a desent conection,..I just dont understand that,...what the hell has changed?? I went from DSL to Cable upgraded my computer umteen times,...logic tells me it should be better,..I realy dont know what to say at this point,..I know I want to race nascar heat on line but I dont want the lag and warp problems,..I want to enjoy the race running my race the way it should be,..not by getting slaped up side the qarter panle or right front fender and wandering where the hell that just came from,...out of nowhere aperently,.....Look,..I'm just sayin,.. I DONT GET IT,....IT SHOULD BE BETTER NOT WORES...WHAT THE HELL?????
Ramrock47
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

bover907 wrote:It may very well, be. Hopefully that's NOT the case, becaue if it is, neither Russ, Speedy, Nor Lepage can do anything about it. One day Speedy did a traceroute from AZ to Vermont, and the hops went from AZ, to Texas, then to Chicago, then worked to Vergina, and up the East Coast to Vermont. That's probably the large part of it, so all speedy and Russ can do is try to improve everything within their control on their end, and hope for the best.

Last year and the year b4,I was runnin on a much slower computer(750 mghz)using Windows ME and regular DSL with Qwest at only 1.5mb download speed.Since then,I have upgraded to a much faster computer, using Windows XP and Qwest has me on VDSL(Fiber optic) and I upgraded to 7 mb download speed.My warp or lagging problem did not begin until after I upgraded.One thing I did notice
was that the benchmarking program that is built into Nascar Heat showed me much better benchmark rates when I was using Win ME,even with a slower cpu.The video card is still the same(Nvidia 5500).I am using an older video card driver because the recommended driver, using Nvidia's automatic driver program ,was the 93.71 driver, but that driver makes little black speckles, moving irrattically along the roll bars when you drive in the cockpit mode in Bover's NHRL Cup mod.(they are annoying as all hell).
I have not checked any other mod to see if i still get the specks.I will.
Actually,when I first used Nvidia's Auto driver program a few years ago,it would recommend a LINUX certified driver, which I refused to even attempt to install.It took me quite awhile to find the older driver I am using ,that would still give me the best benchmark rates.(Still they are way lower than the rates I got using the slower computer and Win ME.
Anyway,I talked to a Qwest tech about why the ping goes from Phx ,west to L.A ,then east to Dallas and onward,he did not know, but suggested I request Qwest to have "interleaving" turned off on my line.At first ,a foreign speaking woman,whom I could not understand said they could not do that,until I threatened to end my service with them,then they changed their tune.Whether or not they actually turned interleaving off or not is impossible for me too know,though they said it would take approx. 2 weeks.(?????)Oh,btw, ...when I emailed Qwest a few weeks later and asked them why I always get some foreign speaking person when ever I call them, they replied with.."if you ever get a foreign speaking person when calling us,you can always request an American speaking person"!! LMAO....what a bunch of morons!
Here's my latest Ping done at 11pm mnt time,tonight.It always stops when it hits the server's firewall cause im not in the game
when doing the tracert.
tracertfromPhx.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

i almost forgot. Is it possible to run a test race of 10 or more drivers on another server,like maybe one of Dusterlag's server,and see if ramrock and myself still continue to have lag problems.I know it would have to be run until the later stages of the race to find out,but I think it is worth a try.Question: Has Lepage changed the server location since last year or the year b4? I assume
its a rented server ,rather than his own in home server.Also, I've read somewhere if someone runs online using a connection
thru a dedicated server that it will cause lag .( or something to that effect) Also,one bad connection will cause a slow down
on a server as it collects info during a race.(Speedguide.net)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Here's what I was talking about, speedy. If you look at the image below, you can see the path that your packets take to get from you to the NHRL server. Ain't exactly the most straight path.

Weather or not that is the problem or not, I don't know. I do know that no one else but you two guys are experiencing this, and the only commonality I can think of with this is geographic location. Why does it only seem to get bad at the end of races? My only guess is to theorize that as a race goes on, more and more info has to get sent thru the internet from your end to the server and visa versa. As more and more info has to get sent over, the lag gets worse and worse. That's all shooting from the hip, but the only way I can think to explain it. :shrugging

Also, don't get mad.... We're trying to think of things and trying to help you guys out. I can tell you that the problem is not on the server end, because then everyone would experience it, not just you two. That means it's either on your end, or worse yet, in-between. I say in between is worse, because if it were on your end, that'd be under your control, and possibly fixed. If it's inbetween, then ur screwed until internet infrastructure is improved.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

As had been the case since DavisV quit racing from Great Britian. (you two guys' warp are worse than his was, btw)
Davis was often warping so bad for me I think he shouldn't have raced. Ruined my race a few times with that. Unsportsmanlike if you ask me. Anyways I see bullet ghosting but Russ you look fine most of the time on my home PC. Must be those frickin mountains.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I understand what your saying Bover,.it all makes perfect sence,.what I dont get is why the conection went down hill after 4 to 5 years of racing here on the server,..what changed? On my end I'v upgraded from DSL to Cable,..better and faster computers,..made a ton of adjustments and changes,...Not mad,..just frustrated,...yep must be the frikin mountains.
Ramrock47
SRM_BULLET
League Member

Post by SRM_BULLET »

ok guys... i think im going to sit out on saterdays race to see if the warp and lag problem is because of me..... i dont whant to feel responsible for rams computer problems... so let me know how it works out with me not raceing on saterday. :happy
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Bullet, as far as we can tell, Ram still has issues whether you're in the server or not. It's worth testing for one race, but you shouldn't hold yourself out of events if you're not actually the problem. Otherwise, why would Speedy have the same issue?
SRM_BULLET
League Member

Post by SRM_BULLET »

ok lp... you make a good point.. but if you say it worth testing for one race... than ill do it. i would like to run but i also whant to help figure out this problem. the call is your bud. just let me know.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I'd probably just come and race. I doubt you're the problem.
SRM_BULLET
League Member

Post by SRM_BULLET »

ok man... ill see you their