New stuff

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: New stuff

Post by DusterLag »

I would recommend reading through the posts on this forum and focus on this quote... Also you may want to try using the mod launcher or using a windows shortcut to launch the nhrlcup mod and not the exe file that comes with the install...
http://www.themodsquad.uni.cc/modules.p ... pic&t=2884
I would recommend that you remove everything, start over by changing the permissions of the "NASCAR Heat" folder by right clicking on it and adding your user account name to the list & giving yourself "full privileges" this will ensure that you now "own this folder" but be 100% sure you also run every install as the administrator.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Nope didnt work,..this windows 7 is a peace of shit and I hate it,...I wish I had never put it on my computer,..you cant do a damb thing with out being qestioned by your damb computer all the damb time and it wont let you do anything without its aproval,....who owns this computer me or it???????? I'm tired of this bull shit, its a frickin nightmare,...I should have stayed with windows XP,........Screw this windows 7 crap It aint nothin the same,...you cant do jack shit,.....you gota have permissionns for everything that you do,..and if you dont get it right your screwed.....
Ramrock47
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

You can get rid of those questions by disabling the UAC from the User Control Panel.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

UAC stands for User Account Control, which is what makes all those little pesky boxes show up.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Ok I'll try that,..and sorry about my last post guys,..I was kind of Tanked up and realy frustrated. I cant move files around, I cant change anything in the driver.tex and save it because windows 7 wont let me.
Ramrock47
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Ramrock47 wrote:Ok I'll try that,..and sorry about my last post guys,..I was kind of Tanked up and realy frustrated. I cant move files around, I cant change anything in the driver.tex and save it because windows 7 wont let me.
Ramrock,

Did you by any chance save your old pc that had windows XP, and do you still have the Windows XP o/s cd? If your having that many problems, you can always downgrade your new system from Windows 7 to XP. If you need some help just pm me!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Yes I do still have my old computer in the house,..but I gave it to Shawn (my son) and I probly did that to soon :( but I think I have it figured out now,..all I had to do was disable the user account control long enough to download Nascar Heat, the patches, the mods, and all the car skin files that everyone runs. It will take some time but I will get this windows 7 figured out,.I just need to learn what I need to do,...Thanks Dave0, and Dusterlag, and bover, and all you guys,..I realy appreciate the help,.thanks.
Ramrock47
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

DaveO wrote:
Ramrock47 wrote:Ok I'll try that,..and sorry about my last post guys,..I was kind of Tanked up and realy frustrated. I cant move files around, I cant change anything in the driver.tex and save it because windows 7 wont let me.
Ramrock,

Did you by any chance save your old pc that had windows XP, and do you still have the Windows XP o/s cd? If your having that many problems, you can always downgrade your new system from Windows 7 to XP. If you need some help just pm me!
When I did this to my windows vista computer it wouldn't launch, I ended up having to go in and delete the hard drive partion and create a new one and reinstall all the vista stuff on it. Not sure if it would do that here, but thats just what happened to me. I, truthfully, don't see what the problem with 7/vista is. I have 0 problems running heat on 7 and vista just by running everything out of the Program Files (x86) folder and running everything in xp compatibility mode. When I switched comps I just put everything on a flash drive and brought it over and did the same thing I did with vista, which was what I described before.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

KartRacer63 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
Ramrock,

When I did this to my windows vista computer it wouldn't launch, I ended up having to go in and delete the hard drive partion and create a new one and reinstall all the vista stuff on it. Not sure if it would do that here, but thats just what happened to me. I, truthfully, don't see what the problem with 7/vista is. I have 0 problems running heat on 7 and vista just by running everything out of the Program Files (x86) folder and running everything in xp compatibility mode. When I switched comps I just put everything on a flash drive and brought it over and did the same thing I did with vista, which was what I described before.
It's very simple to downgrade systems or vice a versa. ;) It was just a suggestion to someone if they were having problems or whatever. Everyone in this world is not computer savy, so sometimes it's kinda nice to give a helping hand to other guys when they may need it. That's all this was, just trying to give a guy a helping hand if he needed some help either downgrading his system, or helping with Windows 7. Sometimes for some folks the old advice is if ain't broke why fix it. :happy

BTW: I wonder what guy helped you out a couple of months ago in helping you to setup a dedicated server. :roll
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

I was not trying to be a jerk or anything. Didn't know I worded it like that. I'm trying to help also, I was simply stating what has happened to me in the past, I don't want someone to have to go get their comp fixed because of something that could've been prevented. As for the 2nd part of what I said, I was simply saying I didn't know what the problem was with it. Maybe RAM has a different version or CPU manufacturer that is more complicated. Sorry if I offended anyone. And that was you who helped me, Dave, and I appreciate that.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

You didnt offend anyone Kart, everyting is cool with me,I know you were just trying to help, and I appreciate it,..you and dave0 both helped me out, thanks guys.
Ramrock47
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

RAM, this pains me to see you in so much pain....i hope i'm not too late,but this is what you do.Go download a picture of a horse's face..2.Go under your mattress pull out that 44magnum revolver you have.3.Go get that bottle of whiskey you been saving for a rainy day because this is that day.4.Sit down in your racing chair do 6 or 7 shots .5.This is the good part, while staring at that picture take careful aim and shoot it right between the eyes,and put it out of it's misery,shed a tear if you must....finish the bottle go to bed ...wake up the next morning ,and go buy you a new one and try again...hope this helped bud :laughing
Kyle
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

kyle wrote:RAM, this pains me to see you in so much pain....i hope i'm not too late,but this is what you do.Go download a picture of a horse's face..2.Go under your mattress pull out that 44magnum revolver you have.3.Go get that bottle of whiskey you been saving for a rainy day because this is that day.4.Sit down in your racing chair do 6 or 7 shots .5.This is the good part, while staring at that picture take careful aim and shoot it right between the eyes,and put it out of it's misery,shed a tear if you must....finish the bottle go to bed ...wake up the next morning ,and go buy you a new one and try again...hope this helped bud :laughing
Wow kyle that worked,..thanks bud,.. :laughing
Ramrock47
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

:laughing :D
Kyle