gimp??

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

gimp??

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Does anyone here use the Gimp program to paint with. I am tring to use it but everytime I try to save it I get a message that I have to export it first because there are too many layers. I am tring to save it as a tga first it has a little check box in the upper left corner i unchecked it because I think it has something to do with compressing it. I have painted the truck completly black and tried to save it as well and get the same message. And when, for some reason or another, it seemed to save I converted it to the tex file we use in the game and all it is,... is a white truck, :roll .
tjwild
League Member

Re: gimp??

Post by tjwild »

i get the same thing to jess i cant figer it out my self i tryed every thing i can think of .
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

im unsure of the file format gimp uses but you prob have to merge/flatten your image first. Then make sure you save it as a 24 bit uncompressed .tga file. Once you have that done, use winrestools wizard to convert your .tga file to .tex format and place in game.

If ya got any issues, pm me and I'll straighten ya out
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Here is a step by step tutorial for Gimp users.

1. After completing your paint, save it as a layered file for editing later if you wish. PSD extensions work.

2. Next, Flatten your image. This is the reason you guys are getting the export file pop-up. Goto Image in the top tool bar, then click "Flatten Image".

3. Click "Save as" and save your file as a TarGA (.tga) file. Click save. You will then see a small popup with a checkbox next to "RLE Compression." THIS NEEDS TO BE UNCHECKED!! Click save.

You should now have a 24 bit, uncompressed .tga file ready for conversion in winrestools wizard.

Enjoy.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Gimp.....LOL