Out of a ride for a while

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
actlabs11
League Member

Out of a ride for a while

Post by actlabs11 »

Due to a computer crash last weekend, I will be taking a leave of absence until I get my computer up and running properly. Only then will I proceed to install all the files, cars, and setups on my new hard drive. I hope to be ready by the opening race at Daytona for both the Cup and Nationwide Series, but will not be able to race in the truck series this season. I wish everyone the best of luck in the truck series, and hope to see you all at Daytona.

actlabs11
groverhardt
League Member

Re: Out of a ride for a while

Post by groverhardt »

Always have a back up. I got another computer loaded up on my network ready to go just in case :badgrin:
actlabs11
League Member

Post by actlabs11 »

I only backup what I need for teaching and other important documents. My external drive was not large enough to hold what I needed to run Heat. I'm gonna try to start the process of putting all the Heat files back on after the new year.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

One thing to look at for a Heat backup is a DVD. My Nascar Heat folder with all it's mods and cars and stuff is like 1.62GB. I'm sure that you could make and ISO out of your Heat CD, and also, have a folder for all the downloads and patches, and it'd fit onto one (two if you have a whole lot of stuff) Single Layer DVD (4.7GB). Definately on a DL DVD (8.5GB).
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image