Introduce Age Limit?

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Introduce Age Limit?

Yes, 16 Up Years Old
68%
No, 0-100 Years Old
32%

Total votes: 22

bmxtwins
League Member

Re: Introduce Age Limit?

Post by bmxtwins »

Whoops. Sry Jesse, I don't really remember writing that so I must have been half a sleep. :?
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

:wink: accepted BMX
Ford_Man
Forum Member

Flame Much? Take a chill pill.

Post by Ford_Man »

I do agree with Skoty here, how will you enforce this? Other than listening to a voice on ventrilo to tell if the person has gone thru puberty. Now. This was a invite only league back in the day. What this league needs is a talent table. Trucks for noobs, nbs for guys who show enough talent in CTS to drive in NBS. Then NBS to CUP. If a driver who is a full time NBS or CUP driver races in CTS, then he would recieve NO POINTS. If this makes people shake their head, then do this. Implement a QUALIFYING CUT. If you don't qualify within a certain time, you did not qualify. You can't race. What is wrong with that. A driver if they are a respectable driver will totally understand, it's not knocking them down, it's get better, practice more, and come back and try again. It makes no sense when guys who practice everyday for hours on end, to have a guy come in with no practice run 3 seconds or more off the pace to even be on the same track. If you want better racing, you need better drivers. Now you may ask what about the points leader if he hits the apron or scrubs the wall. You implement a rule like the top 35. EX: If your in the top 10 in drivers points you get a provisional spot. Look at all your results from the past races this year. Look at their best lap times, it's the same guys week after week who are off pace. I would rather race 12 drivers on the same level, vs 24 with 12 of them who are way of the pace.
I'm sure somebody will want to add something about "hey it should be the top 12 in drivers". You know what i am getting at.
Bmxtwins wrote:
The diffrence is that you were born before the invention of electricity (excuse my rudeness) and that i was born 14 yrs ago.
Bmxtwins wrote:
Then you would never get out of CTS so why would you want that?
I'm sick and tired of reading you and your cronies ridiculous ridiculing post every time I come on here.Do us all a favor,show up,race well,keep your mouth shut,iron your problems out with admins or pm's to the "nondriver" who screwed you up and maybe you'll gain some respect around here.

I think this post may be getting a little out of hand. I think I just stumbled upon a tense, heated battle. Why can't we all just go eat some tofu and rice, and make peace? I understand that newer drivers and/or unexperienced drivers (Like myself. ) could crash into you and ruin your time, but I think we shouldn't keep posting rude comments about it. If one guy does, ignore him and let the topic die. I'm only eleven, and I don't mean to ruin anybody's fun, but if an accident happens, it's an accident. Nobody did it on purpose, it was completely an accident. And if you know it was an accident, why flame about it if it was nobody's fault? I just don't think we should fight like this. You might even call it immature. Just because somebody is young doesn't mean they are inexperienced, they could of started racing when they were 5. And just because somebody is not the best at racing, it doesn't mean it's their fault. They just aren't very good at racing. It's not about winning. I know nobody said anything about winning, but some people get so heated up because an accident affected them in a race and prevented them from winning. If the person did it on purpose, you should have a reason to complain. But unless they did it on purpose, you have absolutely no reason for complaining. I know the topic died already, but I think the fighting shouldn't of started in the first place. That's what i think anyways. :-|
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

pfft
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

CHECK THE DATE THIS IS AN OLD THREAD

!!!!! STOP POSTING & READING ASAP !!!!!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Ha! I love it Duster. Well said Retro my friend. BMX, you are a good driver. Much improved over the past and I was thinking...yes, the noobs got talent; after the last few races. Good job. :wink:

I can really relate to retros comments about folks not knowing just when to just shut up. Nobody likes the personal back slapping and comments about how bad someone else is compared to them. I do believe there is a "Newbies" forum where that kind of foolishness can be thrown about? I, too, am 48 years old, a war veteran, have had multiple wives, kids spewn all over the globe, been drinking longer than some here have been born. Lets keep that in mind kids. This is the "bigs," as they say.

Also remember, I can always call your Mom if I have to!
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Although Ford_Man replied to a topic that's been dead since April, I must say You've got to admire his grammar! Now the rest of you kiddies have no excuse for posting such unreadable jibberish!

Follow Ford_Man's lead and by God, DO YOUR DARN HOMEWORK!!! Get a book out of the library once a week, and by all means, Read your post before clicking the submit button!

For being 11, Ford_Man has better grammar and spelling than many 14 and 16 years olds on here, past and present.

BTW... Ford Man, I sent you a PM, follow the advice in it. It'll prove valuable. :grin:
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

D3, it's not that I've shown a ton of improvement I'm just making smarter choices on my passing and pitting strategies, maybe I'm pushing my car a bit harder to see where it will go (as demonstrated at lowes cup qualifying) I'm hoping I'll eventually get a pole or a win but if I'm gonna do that I'll need to get a better teammate because my current one seems to wall me more then draft with me...

Anyways, this is not a recent arguement and that was when I would run my mouth for the heck of it. I'm hoping more people in this league respect me more then they did then because I'm really trying not to look like an idiot...

Oh! Btw, better start practicing for Watkins guys. Im a hound on the roadies... these should be fun races, maybe I'll manage to stay in the top 5 in points for busch... maybe.

Cya guys in the server,
Bmx
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

BRING IT :lol:
Kyle
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Glad you've been practicing BMX and it shows! Did I say ton? That's an awful lot. Anyways, you've got Kyle going with the bragging. He may have other ideas about that. I don't believe, however, he has anything for me! lol And quit blaming your "teamates" for piss poor performance. It's unbecoming and you'd have the same problem even if they weren't.

And, as always, stay off the 52 car!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

----- News Flash----

The Max Racing Headquarters and Team Thunder HQ were found with the doors blown in and the engine of their cars gutted out. We will see what the two drivers can muster up for Watkins.

See ya guys there

:lol:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Bmxtwins wrote:----- News Flash----

The Max Racing Headquarters and Team Thunder HQ were found with the doors blown in and the engine of their cars gutted out. We will see what the two drivers can muster up for Watkins.

See ya guys there

**CENSORED**
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

I might just see you there for Sh-ts and grins
Ford_Man
Forum Member

Post by Ford_Man »

Bmxtwins wrote:----- News Flash----

See ya guys there

Might be a bit hard to drive a car with it's engine gutted out. :smile: