pitting penalty at Las Vegas

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
bover907
League Administrator

pitting penalty at Las Vegas

Post by bover907 »

Was my pit infraction on lap 49 of the Las vegas race for not hugging the apron line all the way to turn 3?

The reason I ask is because when I reached the back stretch, I was coming up on Mustanman's car at a very high closing rate... I had a couple alternatives at this point.
  1. Do what I did which was go around mustangman to the right, leaving a safe amount of room between mustangman and myself,
  2. Pass mustangman while hugging the line like the rules say to do, which would have resulted in a wreck and a dangerous driving penalty,
  3. Pass mustangman on the apron, to his inside, resulting in a dangerous driving penalty, or...
  4. Slam my brakes and go really slow to stay behind someone who is well below the expected speed at that point on the track and loose at least 5 seconds.
I think I took the safest alternative I could have on the above scenario, and therefore should not be penalized. It's clear that the reason I went high before entering turn 3 was to give adequate room to mustangman to safely enter the track.

I request that my penalty be recinded for this reason.
I can make a fraps movie or upload my replay in full if need be.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image