Incorrect vehicle penalty

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Incorrect vehicle penalty

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I was penalized 10 pts in the season opening Daytona Cup Race For "using the incorrect vehicle"! I assume your referring
to the RED car with no # that the other drivers had to put up with , one driver saying it is "annoying " !
A week prior to Daytona , I had , in fact uploaded a carXXX.tex file ,of which the league subsequently removed from the 2008 thread , then notified me that i had not been tested for competition , nor had i submitted an official application
or been Accepted by the League as a member.
On Friday , Feb 15th , (i'm sure some of u drivers will recall it as "that FATEFUL DAY")i tested for and was given the go ahead to compete in the 2008 cup season. I then proceeded to the 2008 car file Thread to check if any other members had completed they're "carXXx.tex " of which several had mentioned they were finishing up painting and would be uploading soon>. At that time i noticed my submitted CarXXX.tex file had been DELETED By ????? .this was at approximately 12:30 AM the early morning of the Daytona race. I proceeded to download all the extra CarXXX.tex files that had been uploaded on friday night or whenever and then submitted my " FINISHED paint "that i would be running this season. car279.tex
Why I was penalized because the League deleted my original paint , failing to mention or make note to the other drivers or failing to un delete my paint so i would not submit another one . In my REPLAYS of all practice sessions and the Daytona replay ...my green "TRANE" car does exist verified by one member kind enough to check and install so he could have the ability to view the correct paint
What blows me away is why not one single member said " hey your car is red and has no # etc. etc in practices b4 daytona or during daytona . I could see my car . If they couldnt and its so "ANNOYING "then they shoulda asked or better yet DOWNloaded the @#*%@!& thing!! BUt NOOOOOOOOO ......HEHE lets let the admin dock him 10 pts For " USING THE INCORRECT VEHICLE".. THATS another Thing...SHouldn't that be "USING THE INCORRECT paint". I was in the correct vehicle ..A 2008 Chevy Cup CAR. Heck i didnt even Know about this until the Night of the BRANDS HAtch race. ANYway ... now ......I'M not mad anymore , But W T F. this is upposed to be fun!! Its a $##@%$game for gods sake. D0 some of you guys and u no who u are , always treat other new guys this way or were u just born Pusssies! :evil: is the motto
" WElcome to the NHRL " .........NOT Oh weell
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Incorrect vehicle penalty

Post by Rookiesrock »

I guess I'm one of the born pussies. I'm also the one that says red cars are annoying. First of all, dork, when we told you your car was red, you replied that it was not you that had the problem. Finally bover had to show you how to build the correct driver file. You need to embrace the suggestions giving to you by league members. Some have been here for years and can diagnose the problems quickly. Coming off with a "its not me or my eqp" will only get you laughed at. Welcome to the league...anything I can do just yell. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

Plus if you go back and look at the unofficial results it says you were car number 79 which means you werent in the 279. I had the 279 and saw it on the running order saying 79 so I thought maybe there wasn't a car of yours I downloaded and went back and the only file was 279. If you would have been in the 279 it would have said 279 beside your name on the unofficial results but it just says 79.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Rookiesrock wrote:I guess I'm one of the born pussies. I'm also the one that says red cars are annoying. First of all, dork, when we told you your car was red, you replied that it was not you that had the problem. Finally bover had to show you how to build the correct driver file. You need to embrace the suggestions giving to you by league members. Some have been here for years and can diagnose the problems quickly. Coming off with a "its not me or my eqp" will only get you laughed at. Welcome to the league...anything I can do just yell. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Ok , l e t m e s l o w d o w n a b i t. The night I entered the server and immediately exclaimed "tell me my car is green" and I received the reply from bover of "we'll tell you after the race starts". Others said "you car is still red" and I
said " I have the right paint" I never said its not me or my EQP. I KNEW it wasn't me . It was the correct paint i submitted on Fri 16 @ appro 2:20am AZ time And Bover was kind enough to go check and conveyed a private Message back to me that "yes i checked and i do see your green TRAne car".And he did not show me how to build a correct driver file . Tho he did offer. I am well versed in computer language, programming and whatnot so you need to get your facts straight .I do welcome suggestions and i appreciate you, Roookiesrock taking the time to reply even after you DIRECTLY called me a Dork. NOT to mention your WAM BAM THANK U MAM you distributed on my Car idling in the pits ,Just moments before the Brands Hatch Race that i have on replay> would u care to see it ?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Bover was kind enough to go check and conveyed a private Message back to me that "yes i checked and i do see your green TRAne car".And he did not show me how to build a correct driver file .
He explained that he saw your car when he built a drivers file for it. NOT that he saw it in the game. If WE see your car red and WE have downloaded your paint then its YOUR problem not OURS. Once the error or mistake was found it was then YOUR responsibility to correct it. Which was the case when WE didnt change anything and suddenly we see your car.
I do welcome suggestions and i appreciate you, Roookiesrock taking the time to reply even after you DIRECTLY called me a Dork.
You called members of this league "born pussies". I excepted it and hell. I even owned it. Now do the same.
NOT to mention your WAM BAM THANK U MAM you distributed on my Car idling in the pits ,Just moments before the Brands Hatch Race that i have on replay> would u care to see it ?
This particular comment confuses me. I bump you in the pits during practice and so you total my front end during the race by driving dangerously/stupidly/out of control on lap 10. I didn't call you out and let it go. Dude, now you have a big problem. ME! You better bring an NHRL admin to the next drivers meeting cuz this pussies going to push you down.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

slowbutexcitable,

You gave us a paint job for a car #279, but you showed up for the race as car #79. what are we supposed to do? Visualize you? We didn't see you, we were not lying, and people did try to help you and all you did was act like a jerk off about it. I would gladly help, but i don't really like getting involved at the last minute while i was trying to focus on the race. Yea, the same race you would say was just a %$&*#@^ game. True, it is just a game, but even if you were playing something silly like a game of cards or monopoly, you wouldn't let a 2 yr old walk across everything and ruin the game. Thats what you are right now. You are acting like a 2 year old who is not smart enough on his own to know that walking across the game and sending all the pieces flying around is not cool. The adults around here are going to have to rope off the game section and keep any eye on you.

Also, in case you didn't notice.... alot of people are having problems with all the penalties this year. the vets are getting pounded and punished with the rulebook too, just like the newbies.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

I suck at posting and writing. Well known fact.. LOL But what EF just said is right on target about everything!! Were all having problems with the penalties this year. So buckup kiddo and use your head!! :evil:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

This particular comment confuses me. I bump you in the pits during practice and so you total my front end during the race by driving dangerously/stupidly/out of control on lap 10. I didn't call you out and let it go. Dude, now you have a big problem. ME! You better bring an NHRL admin to the next drivers meeting cuz this pussies going to push you down.
I never ever saw a car do a more perfect backflip then i did when you "bumped" me. i'm still alittle dizzy from that one. A s far as this lap 10 incident.... I was trying to stay as far to the right as possible as to allow u to pass.we came upon the chycanne and my car being damaged from a previous incident came off the track bar while exiting . I f i wanted to wreck you , YOU"D BE WRECKED ' I race clean! I may be a lousy driver but i'm not a dirty one i have put myself in the wall many times trying to avoid causing any damage to front runners or any other drivers for that matter. and As recently as This last race at texas i had another driver on the 2nd lap whom had come under me tho im sure he will differ ( if you were to watch the replay would see i was following the same line as the drivers in front of me) and in my opinion just tried to squeeze in where he shouldn't have) I paid the price . .. anyway i can understand where u guys are comin from too so i'll just have to grin and bear it So have a day ........my apologies.... :roll: :roll: WHAT DRIVRS MEETING? :? :? :? :? :?
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Ok, lets get sumthin straight here... Speedy, you can't come in here only running 1 or 2 races and start blowing steam in every direction at everybody. I watched the replays and I have to say that your driving needs some work before you go spouting off at veterans about theirs.

Now on to the car file thing. It is each drivers responsibility to check both the forums and downloads page for new cars, and existing cars. We have specific threads for this. If you saw that your car was gone, something should have been posted or emailed to one of the admins about your issue asap. I can say that an hour before racetime is not the time for uploading cars to the forum and expecting everyone to get it.

Coming across with the attitude you have at this point and the conduct I personally have witnessed from you in the server in the past is, 1. not going to make you any friends, and 2. not going to get you any help with furthur issues.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

''I am well versed in computer language, programming and whatnot so you need to get your facts straight'' -Speedy...if this is true then why are you having all these problems. When we all made the suggestion to you that you were red you got all pissed off and left. Said it's not me it you guys. Now i myself am considered a rookie in this league and for another rookie to come in here and spew assnine comments that your the shit, we know nothing, and you are going to take people out is the wrong approach. You got all pissy and bitchy with me before the race at brands which was practice and you acted like you were juan pablo montoya at brands hatch going for the win, sitting in your pit box for 5 laps. So, with so little track time with you, or you with anybody plus you act like your king shit doesn't fit well with me. Basically it shows me that you need to work on patience, and your attitude. Plus you telling the fastest guys and guys who have one the championship idiotic comments. Totally wrong approach around man. Just some advice. You need it.
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

and my 2 cents ... i didn;t say anything about a red car ..because i make it a point to keep the cars red that i want to stay away from.. [-X
Kyle
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

O.k. Guys ,.... after reading some of your replies, and taking a step back to an observers point of view, I admit I did ,without realizing it ,came out shooting first ,without asking any questions. I'm eating crow.
I guess i was just disappointed cause I had spent a lot of time , as i'm sure you all do , trying to get a good setup for Texas. I ended up with a good handling , 28.200's lap time speed and when I was involved in the LAp 2 incident, regardless of fault, i immediately envisioned myself as one of the frontrunners cruising by me on Lap 3 laughing and shaking they're head .I ran a good clean race in Daytona and was in 20th pos. climbing to 19th ,after starting 26th when a Driver slowed suddenly from 195 mph to 85 mph with nowhere to go I slammed into him. day over. Im not that exp with roadcourses and struggled with BH. I wanted to redeem myself in Texas and well "here we go again" My car damaged , never fully recovered, thougfh i felt at times i could get the speed up but my head was stuck on Lap 2 :x
I let the frustration out using the wrong method and i Apologize. I dont mean to come off like that, but hey, I'm a competitive person and can butt heads with the best sometimes. Thats not the best idea . So I'll shut the hell up and just do some more observing . About that earlier comment , what I really meant to say was ..... ....ah.....er ...ah...."born pushy". :badgrin: Yeah, thats the ticket ! Thats what i really meant to say!! Aint going for that explanation are you? Well, what do you expect comin' from a DORK? I'll be seeing ya in my rearview mirror, i only hope your not just passing me! :shock: :arrow: :oops:
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Re: oops

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Oops.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

If you have car control, you can let a guy by without ever wrecking yourself.

All you do is tell the guy to pass at the beginning of the straight. This makes him move his car below yours on the race track. Then you slow a bit early going into the corner and stay high. That slowing early is going to make you not go up to the wall. You won't get rearended because you already signaled the driver to pass and he was running a lower line at this point.

9 times out of ten at this point, because you entered high and slower, and he entered a little low, you will get a run on him coming out of the corner.... THIS ONLY LASTS FOR THAT CORNER. you don't get back next to him, you just feather the throttle to stay behind him, and don't rearend him going into the next corner... Since he's the faster car, he is now out of your way for good. He's going to keep walking away from ya. That's it all done.

Hope this helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Thanx Bover, I appreciate u takin the time to help and will remember that bit of advice .