PW protected server

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
DaveO
League Member

PW protected server

Post by DaveO »

Last night during the NBS race, there was alot of warping during the race due to peeps coming in and out of the server during the race to spectate. I know you really can't shut off the spectating option in the game because then peeps can't join the server before race time during happy hour practices. But wouldn't it be a good idea to go back to the old ways and put a Password on the server during league events to help prevent this from happening in future races?
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Re: PW protected server

Post by Jes Rathbun »

=D> ya and dont put it on the forum you should send it to member pm's so the imposters dont get it :evil:
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

I'm all for a password to get into the server
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

why not turn off spectating? Everyone should be to the server at least 15 mins before racetime to check connections anyways. If you can't get in then, oh well imo. We have taken every other step to ensure a warp free race, isdn, no mod launcher, etc... only thing we havent done is turn that off. I say at 10:45-50 and 8:45-50 we reset the server and who ever aint there wont get in.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Reef wrote:why not turn off spectating? Everyone should be to the server at least 15 mins before racetime to check connections anyways. If you can't get in then, oh well imo. We have taken every other step to ensure a warp free race, isdn, no mod launcher, etc... only thing we havent done is turn that off. I say at 10:45-50 and 8:45-50 we reset the server and who ever aint there wont get in.
Sounds good to me!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Reef wrote:why not turn off spectating? Everyone should be to the server at least 15 mins before racetime to check connections anyways. If you can't get in then, oh well imo. We have taken every other step to ensure a warp free race, isdn, no mod launcher, etc... only thing we havent done is turn that off. I say at 10:45-50 and 8:45-50 we reset the server and who ever aint there wont get in.

Sounds good to me!!

As good as this sounds, it is not applicable. Doolok had spectator off and I was disco'ed during qualifying and could not reconnect. Oh the good ole days. I was leading the points race going into the 2nd race and called it a conspiracy. I wish I had that post. I'm sure I sounded like some rookies I see now.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I know I'd be screwed on a lot of those nights where I get out of work 15 minutes late, and end up signing in at 5 of. Such as what happened to me at texas. Good thing I practiced during the week!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image