Heat on XP

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
serfaz

Heat on XP

Post by serfaz »

I got nascar heat and i went to install it, and it installed fine, and when i go play it, it says heat doesn't run with windows 2000, do you wanna go on, i hit yes then get a dumb error saying

" Can't start game. (C:\ DOCUME~1\Sergio\LOCALS~1\Temp\heat.bin ) "

anyone know a way around this?

i've tried everything in my power to get it working and still no luck.. any1 that could help me that would be really nice : )

Edited by: serfaz at: 2/21/06 1:56 pm
serfaz

Re: Heat on XP

Post by serfaz »

ooooo kay.. now listen to this...

i uninstalled the game, deleted all the files in program files, and put the cd back in the trey, then i was going to hit " setup " but i hit play game, and it WORKED??? WTF...

sooooooooooo how do i install the game and play online without installing the game in the hard drive.... anyone got some crazy ideas.. HIT ME!
EagleKeeper

did you

Post by EagleKeeper »

did you install the "no-cd" patch? I think you may need that. there are also some other patches you need too.
not sure about all the details here.
check out the downloads page..... i think there are some patches and such on there.
serfaz

Re: did you

Post by serfaz »

thanks for the idea, but i already tryed that, i can get the game to run off the cd, but i can't do a full install and run it, does anyone know the command code to stop the intro from playing ? like in target " "C:\ Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\NASCAR Heat\NHeat.exe" " you can add something to the end to kill the intro?? anyone know the code?

Edited by: serfaz at: 2/21/06 2:51 pm
serfaz

Re: did you

Post by serfaz »

okay.. heres an update.. i installed the game on the hard drive, and it worked.. i was really happy to see that.. BUT, when i install the no cd crack it doesn't work, gives me the windows 2000 error... soooooo i'm going to keep cracking at it, if anyone has an idea, fill free to reply..

-sergio
serfaz

about time

Post by serfaz »

okay.. sooooo this is how " im " going to play online

unless i get a code for the target to kill the intro.. i have to pass the intro myself before playing online... but i have installed patch 1.8, i got IRF, and i tested it and everything works, i logged on the server and was online!.. so that is great news... second, i can't use the no-cd crack due to being on windows xp, so thats okay... but i CAN play online now, and the game runs great to my powerful azz computer...

now.. lets see some players online so i can do some races!
rookiesrock8

Re: about time

Post by rookiesrock8 »

Don't worry about the not designed for windows error message, everyone gets that. If you follow the no cd read me files, it should work without the cd while still seeing the error message. GL
serfaz

Post by serfaz »

read up above again buddy, i told you after i get the windows error, i get another error..

but like i said, i got it down another way now
DusterLag

Re???

Post by DusterLag »

read up above again buddy, i told you after i get the windows error, i get another error..
Not a good way to make friends there pal...

You cannot race heat online in leagues, most use mods and addon tracks and addon cars.. you cannot play these unless you are not using the cd... not sure what your doing wrong cause ur not being very descriptive... i suggest going to themodsquad.uni.cc and downloading the modlauncher program... much easier way then using the plain old method for starting heat! The also might be able to help you out alot more with tech things, as this is a league forum not a creator moder forum

P.S heat runs fine normally on xp and any nt based system except for server 2003, it has some issues on server 2003

Edited by: DusterLag at: 2/21/06 5:54 pm
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

serfaz, was a pleasure to run some laps with ya. nice to see ya back in the heat community again!! create some new nifty things for heat!! Good Luck!!!

Rebel RacingEdited by: WildFire at: 2/21/06 7:20 pm
serfaz

Post by serfaz »

hey duster, i ran online today with the cd, i ran mods with the cd, and i found a way to pass all the errors my way, i just was asking anyone if they knew a way other then my way thats all.. i wasn't coming off rude, you just took it the wrong way...

and wild, thanks bro, fun runs today, im working hard to bring this forum something to open there eyes too : )
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

NP dude.... Just remember this league has a great bunch of guys who are always willing to help out another driver so just take it slow!!

Rebel Racing
Ramrock47

Re: Heat on XP

Post by Ramrock47 »

Well as far as I know if you have downloaded the no cd patch you shouldnt need to run the cd in the cd rom, I dont know what mods you have but the mod launcher program is awsome, I love it,..I have Winston Cup 2002 witch is the original N Heat and I have the N Heat 2004 mod and the CST mod and the nbs mod and the Nextel Heat 05 mod, and all I have to do is select what mod I want to run and it dose all the work, Its great.