Thomas Wheel Question

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
d3efan

Thomas Wheel Question

Post by d3efan »

Hi, I'm getting a Thomas Inc. racing wheel soon but still deciding which features I want. The most problematic area is do I want the 10.5" or 13"wheel? My trusty thrutmaster has a 10" wheel and I'm used to that now. Has anyone gone to the 13" wheel and is it superior? And are the rubbers on the pedals worth it? Thanks. D3
scrooluice

Re: Thomas Wheel Question

Post by scrooluice »

I would think the larger wheel would give you a little more precise control once you got used to it, but what do I know...I'm still using my Logitech Momo

#13 Oakley Ford
Skoty Speed

Post by Skoty Speed »

I use the TSW2 Cup. 13 inch wheel is worth it, in my opinion. I never tried the pedals without the rubber on them. If you play any games that don't support dual axis pedals, you'll want to get the pedal mode switch too. You'll also want to get the ETI pots, unless you want to change them every 6 months or so. Which is a pain the the ____.
d3efan

Post by d3efan »

Yes, I'm looking hard at the TSW2Cup. I believe I will get it with the 13" wheel. And since the rubber grips looklike they're removeable (since they sell them separately?) ill try them both ways. I wear only socks while racing Real quick, does Heat support duel axis pedals (I'm not axis smart)? I run Heat and NR2003. Thanks for the coments they've helped alot already. d3
d3efan

Post by d3efan »

I usually dont edit my posts and run spellcheck. As you can see! lol The illiterate are not allowed to fly the friendly skies hehe.
Skoty Speed

Post by Skoty Speed »

Yes, Heat and NR2003 both support dual axis pedals. And yes, the pedal pads are removable.
d3efan

Post by d3efan »

Great! Thanks. I really appreciate the help guys. They say just using the Thomas will improve your lap times. If that's true...well, beakface may talk the smack but I'm gonna be there holding him to it! lol I went from a .5 gig 15" monitor computer to my new one (much improved speed, graphics and monitor size) and that's what helped me most last year. I guess with the new wheel i'll have no more excuses. Dang, I'll have to work on setups now, crap! hehe See yas, thnx again. d3