2018 Truck Series

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

2018 Truck Series

Post by lepage71 »

As most already know, the NHRL Truck Series is up next, starting in January.

The main question for the series, as is frequently the case, is the day and time to host events. In recent seasons, we've tended to shift the days and times around depending on the series and the time of year. Soon, in mid-winter of 2018, it sounds like ARL will add a new series on Fridays, which makes me think that, for convenience, we'll want to consolidate the number of days that involve ARL or NHRL activities. In other words, avoid a Fri-Sat-Sunday situation for those who want to race everywhere. If ARL hosts its series at 8 or so, as I've heard to be the case, then perhaps we'll consider our historical Friday slot for Trucks, e.g. at 9. Also note, a good chunk of it would take place before ARL even starts.

So at the moment, I'd say the leading candidate for Trucks is Friday nights, around 9:00 PM ET. Let us know your thoughts about the Friday plan.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Re: 2018 Truck Series

Post by SpeedyExiter »

good for me. any time sooner and I"ll be racing home out of steam to race
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: 2018 Truck Series

Post by lepage71 »

Thanks for the feedback. At present, given the lack of objections from anyone, I think we're on track for the Friday Truck Series plan. It seems to make the most sense given what I explained in the above post. Also, I don't see us setting an official starting time earlier than 9:00 PM ET.