Last Season in NHRL NBS and NHRL Cup 11 Mods.

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
bover907
League Administrator

Last Season in NHRL NBS and NHRL Cup 11 Mods.

Post by bover907 »

There is exciting things on the Horizon for the NASCAR Heat Racing league!

The current NBS season, Will be the last with the NHRL NBS mod, and the upcoming Cup season will be the last with the NHRL Cup-11 Mod. We will be racing in new cars for each of those two series the next time around. Before each of these comes out, we'll be running a short track series with the upcoming NHRL Modified Tour mod. The modified mod will be used in the same manner we used the WRS for a summer short track series.

Formal Announcements will be made about all three of these projects at a later date. I just wanted to let everyone know what is on the horizon here at the NHRL. These three projects will bring NASCAR Heat's longest running league into the future, and hopefully generate some excitement, and get us back somewhere to the 25 car fields we all enjoyed in our heyday.

Stay tuned!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Last Season in NHRL NBS and NHRL Cup 11 Mods.

Post by DusterLag »

Awesome! All great news!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

These will be another great set of mods from the able hands of bover907! :dancingbanana4
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

Awesome Bover looking forward to racing them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I might come back for this Modified mod :)

I think that if these mods are huge quality and the physics are altered a bit to bring action closer then it will be great for NHRL. I've been enjoying iRacing thus far and the 30 car fields for NiS races are just epic.

The Platinum mod's are great, but for me they are starting to feel a bit repetitive with same physics, same tracks, etc.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The modified mod will definitely be completely new physics designed to drive like well, a modified lol. I think they're going to be a blast. Just imagine a 2645lb car with 600hp, a low center of gravity and wide Hoosier tires!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Bmxtwins wrote:The Platinum mod's are great, but for me they are starting to feel a bit repetitive with same physics, same tracks, etc.
Its obvious that we can't satisfy everyone. I saw comments where people hoped the 2013 Cup cars would have the same physics as last years... and from what Mauro told me, the development of the new cars took up the majority of time (along with all the paints he had to do) but he did have plans on updating physics for next year... after they had a whole year to run, so he could have time to gather more information about the new changes.

Remember... Mauro was focused on getting the mod out at the drop of the green flag at the Daytona 500. So some things had to be put off until later so he could do that.

And as far as the same tracks being done....well, look at the NASCAR schedules sometime. They are running the same tracks they have the last few years. :p :laughing

There are brand new tracks in development though. ;)

But heck... people must still like the Platinum mods, because the TMS leagues are getting good numbers of racers at every race so far on Tuesday nights. :smiling

Plus.... with what we have in development at TMS... we are going to blow the doors off other racing sims in the near future. :twisted
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Bubba wrote:
(along with all the paints he had to do)
Well, I offered my assistance multiple times to receive no reply. And unless you guys plan on redoing every single track model, then I think HEAT might as well be dead in development. Obviously you guys do a great job with everything, but for me track variation and a higher level of competition is a must. Because almost all the cars drive the same way now and the same line. Ultimately what made iRacing so appealing to me was something new and with more unique and truer to life tracks. The graphical part of HEAT was not a problem for me at all.

Obviously there's a huge difference between free and a couple hundred dollars though. But hopefully I will be back in HEAT one day on a part time basis.

PS: if anyone knows Reef's name, I would like to add him on iRacing.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Bmxtwins wrote:And unless you guys plan on redoing every single track model, then I think HEAT might as well be dead in development.
Waaaaaaah.... cry me a river.

Stay with iracing and all the bitching and complaining that goes on in that game. You probably fit right in. :laughing

We have new tracks in development, like I said. And I didn't stutter either....I said new tracks. Not texture updates. I'm not sure what Mauro has going for G3 track stuff, but there is "new" stuff coming that would fit G3 that I know of.

And as far as why Mauro probably didn't take you up on the offer of assistance was... he had a schedule and a time frame he had to go by and couldn't wait on something that may or may not have happened. He just did it all himself. The G3 mods are his and he's the one who spends all that time working on them, and as I said, its not going to satisfy everyone. But he satisfies the majority and that is all that matters.

Remember... our little community has been around 13 years now and we can't count on someone to do stuff when we have a schedule just because they happen to offer help. It didn't make any difference though, as the mod was released on time... just like it was planned.

Now quit complaining and go back to iracing. :P
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Speaking of tracks...it would be great if one of you expert track makers could update Phoenix International Raceway.Its a bit faster and can now handle more side by side racing.here's some data on it .
PIR copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Since DaveO can read, but can't log in to post... he wanted me to post this for him. And we are sorry for sidetracking this thread, Bover... but you will be back to normal in the thread soon. :happy
DaveO wrote:Hey Guys,

My account at NHRL has been messed up for the last couple of weeks so I'm unable to sign in.. I've asked Raybee to post this for me since I cannot do it myself.

What Ray has said is true. Last fall Ray and I joined forces together to create some kick ass stuff for NH which is in development. We already have several cars already done, and now in testing.. But we still have more and more cars and goodies to make!!! But we have made tremendous headway so far!!

Also regarding tracks, that's true we do have several tracks in development for Nascar Heat. Most of them are being converted over from NR2003. Tracks that have never been raced before in Heat. :mrgreen:

Last winter my good friend Smoke, sat down with me and mentored me regarding how to convert tracks to Nascar Heat..

Man I'll tell yeah it's not easy, and it's harder then creating models from scratch. But the joy of creating tracks is a ton of fun, once you get past the learning curve.

As of right now we are up to speed, with trackmaking, and we are in the process of converting several tracks over from NR2003.

Now, Bmx regarding Mauro's stuff getting a bit repetitive. Damn I don't see anyone else creating yearly cup stuff for Nascar Heat do you? We should all be grateful for what that man has done. I sure as hell am. I'm proud to call him my friend, and also honored. He's done so much for NH.. Sometimes it's really a thankless job. Can you imagine all the free time over the years he's given up to provide everyone so much fun?

Anyhow, if your happy with Iracing go for it man..

But I'll tell yeah what we are creating, yes that's a WE, is probably the biggest project to come out of NH ever.. And it's all being done in house! Best part is we are all having a ton of freaking fun at the same time. You can't beat that for ANYTHING having fun creating something that you love at the same time. :mrgreen
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I don't know how anyone can bash such a comprehensive mod as the G3. As for me, I'd rather have fun and make good friends racing for FREE than paying only to have fights and pissing contests.

Ray, I remember when I released the NHRL Cup 11 mod with 36 cars, because all the cup teams didn't have their plans finalized by the time our league started it's season, and Someone posted a topic at TMS called "NHRL Cup Mod FAIL". You're right. You can't please everyone. However, between TMS, Speedsims, NHRL, ARL, LCHRL, and Jesse's league, I'd say we're all doing a pretty damn good job!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

Bmxtwins wrote: But hopefully I will be back in HEAT one day on a part time basis.
It'd be nice if you at least showed up to admin your own league's final races ;) .

Instead of bitching and moaning learn to create some tracks & create more mods, the K&N mod you guys did is fun I race it offline quite a bit. I like the graphical updates to the tracks that Blaxman does, it's better than nothing.

Bover, can't wait to see some previews 8) ;) ;)
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

bover907 wrote:However, between TMS, Speedsims, NHRL, ARL, LCHRL, and Jesse's league, I'd say we're all doing a pretty damn good job!
CB043573.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Can't wait Bov.
Not to derail the thread further but I don't undertand why raybee thinks everyone should love his mods, some people don't like them and you need to face it that you cannot make everyone happy. Everything Ray (bmx) said is pretty true...
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

That said, I won't let anything takeaway how much fun I had with heat for the mast 4 or 5 years
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

mustangman759 wrote:Can't wait Bov.
Not to derail the thread further but I don't undertand why raybee thinks everyone should love his mods, some people don't like them and you need to face it that you cannot make everyone happy. Everything Ray (bmx) said is pretty true...
Okay now you two are just acting like Jackasses!!

I see you and your brother like talking out of your ass all the time.... and are not reading what was said but are interpreting things they "think" is being said when its not.

You stupid fucks should know by now that the G3 mods are Blaxman's... not mine. Are you both still in freaking kindergarten or what?

Blaxman went out of his way to please you stupid fucks by making drivable pace cars and other safety vehicles so your league could have live cautions.... yet here you and your brother are - bitching and complaining yet again. :roll

Mauro has even been a pace car driver in your leagues when it was first launched. Is this how you repay his kindness that he has shown to you two, and to the entire community?

And maybe if you guys gave a crap about your own league and showed up to admin it and raced it or had other people manage it for you, it wouldn't be considered a failed league now in other folks eyes like they've posted in this thread.

But that is par for the course with you two. Stay your asses in iracing... cause I'm fed up with you two assclowns.

Consider yourselves no longer welcome at The Mod Squad (again)

Anyone else?
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Hush now little child, don't completely ruin the thread because your too stuck up to accept other people's viewpoints.
Don't care about a ban either so have fun ray. I know mauro is able to take criticism unlike yourself who responds like an utter child to the little critique stated.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I think you guys took everything I said out of context. I enjoyed all of my time in the platinum mods and blaxman does a great job and I am grateful for everything everyone has done. I was not crying about anything, rather just explaining my reasons for taking a hiatus from this game. Afterall it is a game and we are here to have fun. If it gets repetitive it does not mean that I think the worksmanship was bad as I realize certain things are out of the plausible reach of a couple man mod team who does so much.

Now please, can you grown men keep this conversation friendly?
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

mustangman759 wrote:Hush now little child, don't completely ruin the thread because your too stuck up to accept other people's viewpoints.
Don't care about a ban either so have fun ray. I know mauro is able to take criticism unlike yourself who responds like an utter child to the little critique stated.
You know that for a fact, do you?

You know... I can about guarantee you that Mauro would be upset and angry over your and your brother's recent comments. He has worked his ass off to make mods to please you guys, even working hard on live cautions cause your ignorant asses wanted it....yet here you are, never learning anything about respect in all these years.

It would be different if your viewpoint (opinion) had any merit...but it doesn't.

When the new TMS leagues started, we've seen all new online racers participating in it, which is a sign of growth. And some of which even raced in your ghosttown of a league.

NASCAR Heat has made it 13 years...all while other games have came out, been played, then something new and shiny comes along again. Yet we still get new signups daily at TMS, some of which come from NR2003 and yes, even iracing.

You know why? Its because we have a strong community... no matter how large or how small. It has stood the test of time, and just because a new shiny toy comes along, doesn't mean its any better.

I've tried iracing, rfactor, ARCA and GTR2 among others... and to me, the only one of those worth a damn was GTR2.

Child huh?

Spoken from a true assclown